- It’s artistic and cultural – It’s a sport that adds some cultural enrichment and tradition into your fitness experience through music and movement.
- It’s a great work out – all that jigging and kicking can be extremely hard work. it’s considered a “sprint” type of sport, with bursts of intense energy which has similar effects as interval training. Studies have also shown that dancing can be more beneficial for your heart than swimming or cycling.
- It can help your posture – Good posture is important for everyone, but especially important for children in creating life long benefits. Irish dancing has a unique posture that strengthens core muscles. It is also an excellent and enjoyable way to strengthen your feet and legs – which can assist with the effects of flat feet and lower back pain.
- It’s great mental exercise – Apart from learning how to hear/feel the rhythm in music, you engage your cognitive skills and improve your memory through learning and repeating steps. As an adult this type of mental exercise is an important part of your health routine to assist in warding off dementia and improving your metal health.
- It’s fun and social – Meet new people, form lasting friendships and share unique memories with others who share to your interest and passion for dance.
Come and Join us today!